adjective (cutesier, cutesiest)informal
Cute to a sentimental or mawkish extent: hair pulled back in cutesy little bows
More example sentences
- Again, this helps to make the relationship between Ken and Sora less cutesy and more sweet.
- Worse, Filler constantly breaks into cutesy song snippets, a habit that grows less endearing every time it happens.
- Though Puffy's image is occasionally cutesy, the singers themselves didn't play up the cute.
- Example sentences
- The actor who plays young Joaquin helps - he doesn't suffer from overt cutesiness.
- The naive feel this album has at first turns quickly to calculated cutesiness.
- It's clear that the movie intends to recall the beloved A Christmas Story with its mildly irreverent cutesiness, but it plays as an unbearably calculated attempt to yank on our heartstrings.
Words that rhyme with cutesyrootsy
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cutesy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.