- 1A portion of sliced meat breaded and served either grilled or fried.More example sentences
- A main course is traditionally composed of boiled potatoes, boiled vegetables such as green beans and cauliflower, and fried meat such as meat balls, cutlets, or roast pork served with brown gravy.
- If you only eat tempura and fried pork cutlet, that can be bad.
- My favourite luxury dish would be a pork cutlet with olives, dates and fennel that I serve in my restaurant.
- 1.1A flat croquette of minced meat, nuts, or pulses, typically covered in breadcrumbs and fried.More example sentences
- Leftovers from roast dinners could be used up, cold with relishes or made into pies or minced into cutlets and meatballs.
- Non-veg varieties like kebabs, tikkas, chops and meat-filled cutlets have a huge fan following.
- On a more negative note, Russian cuisine leaves a lot to be desired - cabbage soup, carrot cutlets, disgusting desserts etc.
early 18th century: from French côtelette, earlier costelette, diminutive of coste 'rib', from Latin costa.
More definitions of cutletDefinition of cutlet in:
- The British & World English dictionary