Definition of cutworm in English:
A moth caterpillar that lives in the upper layers of the soil and eats through the stems of young plants at ground level.
- Several species in the family Noctuidae
- The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.
- Many garden pests are carabid food: cutworms, codling moth larvae, tent caterpillars, slugs, snails and cankerworms to name a few.
- Watch specifically for cutworms, flea beetles and leaf miners.
Definition of cutworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan