Definition of cutworm in English:
A moth caterpillar that lives in the upper layers of the soil and eats through the stems of young plants at ground level.
- Several species in the family Noctuidae
- The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.
- Many garden pests are carabid food: cutworms, codling moth larvae, tent caterpillars, slugs, snails and cankerworms to name a few.
- Watch specifically for cutworms, flea beetles and leaf miners.
Definition of cutworm in:
- British & World English dictionary