- A straight-sided, optically clear container for holding liquid samples in a spectrophotometer or other instrument.More example sentences
- A paddle cuvette stirrer was placed in the quartz cuvette containing the liposome suspension.
- The sample powders were packed in the cuvettes or tubes, and the remaining liquid nitrogen was removed carefully.
- All experiments were made in quartz cuvettes, and the sample solutions were kept at constant stirring during the measurements.
early 18th century: from French, diminutive of cuve 'cask', from Latin cupa.
More definitions of cuvetteDefinition of cuvette in:
- The British & World English dictionary