- An organic compound containing a carbon atom linked to both a cyanide group and a hydroxyl group.More example sentences
- Formaldehyde reacts with the sodium cyanide to form formaldehyde cyanohydrin.
- Optically active cyanohydrins with high levels of enantiomeric purity were obtained following a simple procedure.
- Additionally, optically active catalysts based on lanthanides for the asymmetric synthesis of cyanohydrins have been reported in the literature.
More definitions of cyanohydrinDefinition of cyanohydrin in:
- The British & World English dictionary