- A salt of a synthetic acid which is a cyclohexyl derivative of sulfamic acid. Sodium and calcium cyclamates were formerly used as artificial sweeteners.More example sentences
- Intense sweeteners permitted for use in Australian and New Zealand foods are acesulphame potassium, aspartame, cyclamates, saccharin, sucralose, alitame, thaumatin and neotame.
- Other artificial sweeteners were formerly used, especially cyclamates.
- I have reservations about the other sweeteners, such as acesulfame-K, sucralose, and the cyclamates.
1950s: contraction of cyclohexylsulphamate.
More definitions of cyclamateDefinition of cyclamate in:
- The British & World English dictionary