noun (plural same or cyclamens)
1A European plant of the primrose family, having pink, red, or white flowers with backward-curving petals and widely grown as a winter-flowering houseplant.
- Genus Cyclamen, family Primulaceae: several species
More example sentences
- Some of my favorite windowsill plants include many varieties of trailing ivy, African violets, primroses, pansies and violets, geraniums, gloxinias, cyclamens, coleus, kalonchoes, peperomias, and heartleaf philodendrons.
- Their soil must contain sufficient humus and be rich in calcium, but the idea that cyclamens need a lot of moisture is a misconception.
- Very early spring is one of the best times to visit the garden - not only are the snowdrops and cyclamen flowering, but the foliage of certain conifers is more golden than at other times of year.
Definition of cyclamen in:
- The British & World English dictionary