Definition of cyclical in English:
Occurring in cycles; recurrent: the cyclical nature of the cement industry
More example sentences
- Variations in exports are expected to be sufficient in order to cope with the cyclical ups and downs in production.
- No doubt some of that decline is a cyclical response to the giant surge in the late 1990s.
- The two main components of spending that tend to be the most volatile and cyclical are investment and exports.
- Example sentences
- People first worshipped the earth and the sun because they were the magical entities which cyclically provided for their needs.
- In women, many hormones in the blood and urine are cyclically altered under the influence of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.
- REM sleep occurs cyclically every 90 minutes during the night in association with high brain activity, rapid spontaneous eye movements and suppressed voluntary motor activity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan