- Occurring in cycles; recurrent: the cyclical nature of the cement industryMore example sentences
- Variations in exports are expected to be sufficient in order to cope with the cyclical ups and downs in production.
- No doubt some of that decline is a cyclical response to the giant surge in the late 1990s.
- The two main components of spending that tend to be the most volatile and cyclical are investment and exports.
- More example sentences
- People first worshipped the earth and the sun because they were the magical entities which cyclically provided for their needs.
- In women, many hormones in the blood and urine are cyclically altered under the influence of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.
- REM sleep occurs cyclically every 90 minutes during the night in association with high brain activity, rapid spontaneous eye movements and suppressed voluntary motor activity.