nounarchaic (except in book titles)
An encyclopedia: Bailey’s Cyclopedia of Horticulture
More example sentences
- With the exception of cyclopaedias and dictionaries, almost every book that aims at being useful requires an index to make its store of knowledge accessible.
- No wonder the same three years have cut threefold the output of scientific, technical, medical and agricultural literature, reference books and cyclopaedias.
- I have only been able to procure a few cyclopaedias of art and science.
- Example sentences
- Among our library holdings with more than 80,000 volumes, our cyclopaedic collection of statistics is especially useful because users can find almost any main statistics in a single space.
- In her cyclopaedic book on Modern Housing, Bauer limited her comments on the achievements of American war housing.
- The works on the subject to which I have access are Marey's and Jamieson's books published by Appleton's and various magazines and cyclopaedic articles.
Late 17th century: shortening of encyclopedia.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cyclopedia in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.