- A flammable, gaseous synthetic compound whose molecule contains a ring of three carbon atoms. It has some use as a general anesthetic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C3H6
- The simplest compound is cyclopropane, but its non-tetrahedral bond angles within the ring severely strain it, and it is very unstable.
- I then used the moles of cyclopropane in the lipids and the lipid solubility coefficient to calculate body lipid mass.
- The 1930s saw the introduction of new inhalational agents, notably cyclopropane, so potent that it could be given with a high percentage of oxygen, and as a result valuable for the developing surgery for lung disease.
More definitions of cyclopropaneDefinition of cyclopropane in:
- The British & World English dictionary