(also cyclosporin A, cyclosporin)
- A drug with immunosuppressive properties used to prevent the rejection of grafts and transplants. A cyclic peptide, it is obtained from a fungus.
More example sentences
- This drug is obtained from the fungus Trichoderma polysporum
- Immunosuppressive drugs such as steroids and cyclosporin are successful in preventing rejection.
- Other systemic immunosuppressive drugs, such as cyclosporine, azathioprine and methotrexate, may be added to steroid therapy.
- The lung disease progressed over the last year despite treatment with steroids, cyclosporine, cloxacillin, and gamma globulin.
More definitions of cyclosporineDefinition of cyclosporine in:
- The British & World English dictionary