(also cyclosporin A, cyclosporin)
Definition of cyclosporine in English:
A drug with immunosuppressive properties used to prevent the rejection of grafts and transplants. A cyclic peptide, it is obtained from a fungus.
- This drug is obtained from the fungus Trichoderma polysporum
- Immunosuppressive drugs such as steroids and cyclosporin are successful in preventing rejection.
- Other systemic immunosuppressive drugs, such as cyclosporine, azathioprine and methotrexate, may be added to steroid therapy.
- The lung disease progressed over the last year despite treatment with steroids, cyclosporine, cloxacillin, and gamma globulin.
Definition of cyclosporine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.