Definition of cymbidium in English:
noun (plural cymbidiums)
A tropical orchid with long, narrow leaves and arching stems bearing several flowers, growing chiefly as an epiphyte from Asia to Australasia and widely cultivated for boutonnières.
- Genus Cymbidium, family Orchidaceae
- The orchids that are most commonly available in garden centres are phalaenopsis (moth orchids), oncidiums, odontoglossums and cymbidiums, which should flower for weeks and perhaps months.
- The flowers on the cymbidium orchid last for five to seven weeks.
- Ideal for the special personalised touch, this sculptural arrangement includes King Protea, a cymbidium orchid, zantedeschia and schwarzwalder.
Words that rhyme with cymbidiumcryptosporidium, idiom, iridium, rubidium
Definition of cymbidium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.