noun (plural cypripediums)
- An orchid of a genus that comprises the lady’s slippers.
More example sentences
- Genus Cypripedium, family Orchidaceae
- Falling in love with hybrid cypripediums has been shown to be dangerous for your fiscal well-being.
- In 1940 she acquired 25 hybrid cypripediums from England to save them from the war.
- They are similar to our native Ohio cypripediums and you may consider the paphiopedilums to be the tropical cousins to the cypripediums.
modern Latin, from Greek Kupris 'Aphrodite' + pedilon 'slipper'.
More definitions of cypripediumDefinition of cypripedium in:
- The British & World English dictionary