Definition of cypripedium in English:
noun (plural cypripediums)
An orchid of a genus that comprises the lady’s slippers.
- Genus Cypripedium, family Orchidaceae
- Falling in love with hybrid cypripediums has been shown to be dangerous for your fiscal well-being.
- In 1940 she acquired 25 hybrid cypripediums from England to save them from the war.
- They are similar to our native Ohio cypripediums and you may consider the paphiopedilums to be the tropical cousins to the cypripediums.
Definition of cypripedium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan