1The arrangement of cells in a tissue, especially in specific areas of the cerebral cortex characterized by the arrangement of their cells and each associated with particular functions. Also called cytoarchitectonics.
- Expanded specific affinity theory specifies the advantages of small dry mass and dilute cytoarchitecture in impoverished systems.
- We demonstrate the complex cytoarchitecture of the planarian brain, despite the simple superficiality of the morphology.
- Our results were highly dependent on the cytoarchitecture of the neurons.
- Example sentences
- Such a pattern of results is typical for the prenatal cocaine literature as a whole, and contradictory results can be found for most biological and cytoarchitectural measures in exposed animals.
- The cytoarchitectural features were consistent with fibrolamellar carcinoma.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cytoarchitecture in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.