Definition of cytoplasm in English:
The material or protoplasm within a living cell, excluding the nucleus.
- Because tissues were lyophilized it was not possible to discriminate between cell walls and cytoplasm in the root material.
- Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.
- The columnar cells had abundant cytoplasm, basally located nuclei, and no mitoses.
- Example sentences
- The functional role of the transmembrane domain and the cytoplasmic tail domain of fertilin is not known.
- The cell envelope of gram-positive bacteria consists of the cytoplasmic membrane and a cell wall.
- Interspersed among the spermatozoa are what appear to be the cytoplasmic contents of degraded cells.
Definition of cytoplasm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan