Inhibiting cell growth and division.
- It is a cytostatic drug that stops cell division very early in the cell cycle without causing cell death.
- Hormonal therapy for postmenopausal women using chemicals such as tamoxifen is cytostatic, meaning it stops estrogen from stimulating breast cancer cells.
- We looked for cytostatic properties that would block cells from multiplying rather than kill them.
Any substance that inhibits cell growth and division.
- As mutagens we used two classic cytostatics: the radiomimetic bleomycin and the recombinogen mitomycin C.
- Large numbers of materials which can be implanted in the body and contain cytostatics are known.
- As early as the next year, the first isolated work room for a safer preparation of cytostatics was completed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.