Definition of cytostatic in English:
Inhibiting cell growth and division.
- It is a cytostatic drug that stops cell division very early in the cell cycle without causing cell death.
- Hormonal therapy for postmenopausal women using chemicals such as tamoxifen is cytostatic, meaning it stops estrogen from stimulating breast cancer cells.
- We looked for cytostatic properties that would block cells from multiplying rather than kill them.
nounBack to top
Any substance that inhibits cell growth and division.
- As mutagens we used two classic cytostatics: the radiomimetic bleomycin and the recombinogen mitomycin C.
- Large numbers of materials which can be implanted in the body and contain cytostatics are known.
- As early as the next year, the first isolated work room for a safer preparation of cytostatics was completed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan