Definition of dabchick in English:
A small grebe, especially the little grebe.
- Genera Tachybaptus and Podilymbus, family Podicipedidae: several species
- Smallest of the grebes, the little grebe, or dabchick, is considerably rounder and more dumpy than its congeners.
- A good number of duck species such as dabchicks, garganey, pin-tailed, lesser whistling teal and shovellers arrive at the Appalangulam tank located inside the Guindy National Park.
- At Vedanthangal one can sight glossy and white ibis, painted storks, grey pelicans, shovellors, garganey, whistling teals, Indian moorhen and dabchicks.
Definition of dabchick in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.