Definition of dace in English:
noun (plural same)
A small freshwater fish of the minnow family, typically living in running water.
- Leuciscus and numerous other genera, family Cyprinidae: several species, including the longfin dace (Agosia chrysogaster) of western North America and the widely distributed L. leuciscus of northern Eurasia
- The Foss currently contains a good population of fish including brown trout, dace, chub, roach and barbel, although in places natural habitat is very limited and there are localised problems with silt.
- Nine thousand young stickleback, roach, dace, chub and eels died along an 11 km stretch of the beck.
- Most species of river fish will be surveyed including trout, grayling, dace, barbel, chub and pike.
Definition of dace in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan