noun (plural same or dalasis /-sēz/)
- The basic monetary unit of Gambia, equal to 100 butut.More example sentences
- Some two million dalasi is still outstanding which is yet to be paid to communities in the LRD.
- Since 1986, the dalasi was unpegged to pound sterling where it has then free floated.
- When they do, quantities are relatively small and prices are extremely high at about 300 dalasis per kg.
a local word.
More definitions of dalasiDefinition of dalasi in:
- The British & World English dictionary