(British also damage limitation)
nounchiefly North American
- Action taken to limit the damaging effects of an accident or error: the cost of doing damage control after problems reach the crisis stageMore example sentences
- This game really could have benefited from a realistic damage control system for the cars.
- In a damage-control exercise, one of the contractor friends of the officer hurriedly arranged a party in a local restaurant and footed the bill.
- The empowered committee meeting on infrastructure was more of a damage-control exercise by the government than anything else.
More definitions of damage controlDefinition of damage control in:
- The British & World English dictionary