Definition of damiana in English:
A small shrub native to Mexico whose leaves are used in herbal medicine and in the production of a liqueur. It is reputed to possess aphrodisiac qualities.
- Turnera diffusa, family Turneraceae
- Some of the herbs that are listed as ingredients include damiana, chaste tree, black cohosh and saw palmetto.
- The herbal remedies suggested by the website include kava kava, damiana, lemon balm, St John's wort and 5HTP.
- In this, it is deeper acting than other herbs, such as the African yohimbe, the South America muira puama or the milder Central American damiana.
Definition of damiana in:
- British & World English dictionary