- often • humorous A young woman in trouble (with the implication that the woman needs to be rescued, as by a prince in a fairy tale).More example sentences
- Unlike many would-be damsels in distress, I never imagined myself being rescued by a knight in shining armor.
- I felt as if he was my angel, and I was the damsel in distress.
- Turrets, towers and battlements now look fit to accommodate any damsel in distress.
More definitions of damsel in distressDefinition of damsel in distress in:
- The British & World English dictionary