- A band that plays music suitable for dancing, especially swing.More example sentences
- An excellent dance band is playing quicksteps to a large elegant room built for hundreds but tonight seating fewer than a dozen.
- In the late 70s he joined a local dance band, and by the early 80s led his own band on summer season, hotel and cruise line contracts.
- This year's parade music will be provided by a popular dance band and three popular sound systems.
More definitions of dance bandDefinition of dance band in:
- The British & World English dictionary