Definition of danio in English:
noun (plural danios)
A small, typically brightly colored freshwater fish native to South and Southeast Asia.
- Genera Danio and Brachydanio, family Cyprinidae: several species
- There are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.
- Zebra danio larvae of 4 mm body length and 35 mm long adults use the same burst and coast swimming style.
- A very peaceful fish which is why it is so well suited for community tanks, zebra danios tolerate a wide range of temperatures.
modern Latin (genus name).
Definition of danio in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan