Definition of danio in English:
noun (plural danios)
A small, typically brightly colored freshwater fish native to South and Southeast Asia.
- Genera Danio and Brachydanio, family Cyprinidae: several species
- There are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.
- Zebra danio larvae of 4 mm body length and 35 mm long adults use the same burst and coast swimming style.
- A very peaceful fish which is why it is so well suited for community tanks, zebra danios tolerate a wide range of temperatures.
Modern Latin (genus name).
Definition of danio in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.