Definition of daphnia in English:
noun (plural same)
A tiny and semitransparent freshwater crustacean with long antennae and prominent eyes, often used as food for aquarium fish. Also called water flea.
- Genus Daphnia, order Cladocera
- In addition to fish, other aquatic creatures such as clams and daphnia are used as indicators of chemical changes.
- Fish are feeding on small light olive buzzers and daphnia.
- When they reach a length of 12 mm, chub begin to feed more on small invertebrates, particularly chironomid larvae and tiny crustaceans, such as daphnia.
Definition of daphnia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia