Definition of dapple gray in English:
(Of a horse) gray or white with darker ringlike markings.
- She continued to scrutinize his expression as his glower remained focused on the ground at their feet, one hand firmly gripping the reins of his lathered dapple-gray gelding while the other tightly held his riding crop.
- To my great relief and joy, Prince Justyn was nowhere in sight, and Joshua was grooming a dapple-gray stallion.
- Stacey chose a dapple gray horse, and a groom saddled the horse up for her.
nounBack to top
A dapple gray horse.
- The boy, presumably Prince Arion, mounted a noble-looking palomino as my target, his tiny sister, hopped on a high-blooded dapple gray.
- The twin set of dapple grays in the traces brought back memories of the last time she'd gone out riding with the redhead.
- That gentleman promptly harnessed up his dapple-grays and drove off in the general direction of Kentucky.
Definition of dapple gray in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.