- Physics A theoretical repulsive force that counteracts gravity and causes the universe to expand at an accelerating rate: Einstein’s theories allow for the possible existence of dark energyMore example sentences
- Whatever dark energy turns out to be, we already know how to measure it and how to calculate its effects on the cosmos.
- The evidence for gravitationally repulsive dark energy is strong, but there are gaps in our knowledge.
- The energy density of dark energy, which depends on w, affects the expansion rate.
More definitions of dark energyDefinition of dark energy in:
- The British & World English dictionary