- A nonluminous nebula of dust and gas that is observable because it obscures light from other sources.More example sentences
- In the inner regions of dark nebulae important events take place, such as the formation of stars and masers.
- There are different forms of nebulas, dark nebulas, emission nebulas and celestial nebulas.
- In the Cigar Galaxy, there are blank spots where it appears there are not any stars, just dark nebulas.
More definitions of dark nebulaDefinition of dark nebula in:
- The British & World English dictionary