- The synthetic chemical element of atomic number 110. It is a superheavy metal that decays in thousandths of a second. (Symbol: Ds)More example sentences
- Last year the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry agreed that element 110 should be known as darmstadtium, and that GSI should also be credited with the discovery of element 111.
- Element 110 or darmstadtium as it is informally called, was discovered at the Laboratory for Heavy Research (called GSI) in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Element 110, darmstadtium, is a synthetic element that is not present in the environment at all.
early 21st century: after a laboratory in Darmstadt, Germany, where the element was first created.
More definitions of darmstadtiumDefinition of darmstadtium in:
- The British & World English dictionary