(also durned /dərnd/)
adjectiveinformal , chiefly North American
Euphemism for damned. you have to work a darned sight harder [as submodifier]: they’re darned good songwriters
More example sentences
- And if you look at the people that - the new construction, based on these four storms, our building code is pretty darned good.
- I thought it was odd at the time because leather is pretty darned durable and not likely to tear.
- Fortier called his scope/ice block creation a ‘Zeissicle,’ but I'm darned if I can think of a clever name for the Leupold version.
- More example sentences
- The Army lawyer, Council, said her law staff recently asked the organizations again for their permission and were denied. " We couldn't get approval; we did our darnedest, " she said.
- And, so, I'm just trying my darnedest to do that.
- It's the darnedest thing, but when it comes to the most sacred cause in the Republican canon, the right to life, Republican presidents somehow find a way to mess up.