(also durned /dərnd/)
Definition of darned in English:
adjectiveinformal , chiefly North American
Euphemism for damned. you have to work a darned sight harder [as submodifier]: they’re darned good songwriters
More example sentences
- And if you look at the people that - the new construction, based on these four storms, our building code is pretty darned good.
- I thought it was odd at the time because leather is pretty darned durable and not likely to tear.
- Fortier called his scope/ice block creation a ‘Zeissicle,’ but I'm darned if I can think of a clever name for the Leupold version.
- Example sentences
- The Army lawyer, Council, said her law staff recently asked the organizations again for their permission and were denied. " We couldn't get approval; we did our darnedest, " she said.
- And, so, I'm just trying my darnedest to do that.
- It's the darnedest thing, but when it comes to the most sacred cause in the Republican canon, the right to life, Republican presidents somehow find a way to mess up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan