- 1A darning needle.More example sentences
- Cotton Darner Needles are long embroidery-type needles for mending, soft sculpture and doll making. For heavier needles with a larger eye, see yarn darners.
- Darners are long needles used for basting and darning with cotton.
- 2A large slender-bodied dragonfly. Also called darning needle, devil's darning needle.[said to be so named because of the popular belief that the dragonfly sews up the lips and eyelids of people sleeping]
More example sentences
- Family Aeshnidae: several genera
- A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.
- Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.
- Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.
More definitions of darnerDefinition of darner in:
- The British & World English dictionary