- 1The skill or activity of one who darns: long hours of tedious darningMore example sentences
- The tone of his voice, somehow both troubled and amused, brought Francesca's head up from her darning and she stared at him, her cheeks colouring. ‘I was concentrating on my work, that's all.’
- In addition to darning and plain sewing, she provided instruction in fancy needlework, tambouring, and embroidery in silk and worsted.
- She was sitting in the overstuffed leather armchair, concentrating on her darning, but painfully aware of the man who was sitting in a similar chair no more than three feet away from her.
- 1.1Articles being darned or needing to be darned: Aunt Edie bent her head to her darningMore example sentences
- Gideon could see the places where the silver was wearing off the cane and he noticed a good deal of clumsy darning on the inside of the cloak, as though the lining had come away from the backing several times.