- An egg-shaped piece of wood or other smooth hard material used to stretch and support material being darned.More example sentences
- She had brought out her sewing basket and was darning socks, stretching the worn-through heels or toes over her darning egg and weaving them whole again with her needle and thread.
- In earlier times, socks were mended with the use of a wooden darning egg, a practice rarely seen today.
- I have a collection of wooden darning mushrooms which belonged to my grandmother who made socks.
More definitions of darning eggDefinition of darning egg in:
- The British & World English dictionary