Definition of darter in English:
1 another term for anhinga.
- More than 200 species of birds are also found here, including the rare Storm's stork and the oriental darter, kingfishers and raptors such as the crested serpent eagle.
- The lake itself covers over 650 hectares, more than half the total size of the national park it is located in, and is home to egrets, darters, hornbills and kites, as well as some of the most unique fishing in the world.
- The evolutionary relationships of anhingas and darters remain unclear.
2A small North American freshwater fish, the male of which may develop bright coloration during the breeding season.
- In addition to whitefish bull trout will feed on sculpins, darters or other trout and where applicable, salmon fry.
- Snorkelers observed only one benthic fish, a darter (Ethostoma or Percina spp.), in a smallmouth bass nest in Lake Opeongo.
- Too much sedimentation can affect the habitat of darters and associated fish species by making urban streams and lakes unsuitable for feeding and reproduction.
Words that rhyme with darterbarter, Bata, cantata, carter, cassata, charter, chipolata, ciabatta, desiderata, errata, garter, imprimatur, Inkatha, Jakarta, Magna Carta, Maratha, martyr, Odonata, passata, persona non grata, rata, Renata, Río de la Plata, serenata, sonata, Sparta, starter, strata, taramasalata, tartar, Tatar, Zapata
Definition of darter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia