Definition of dassie in English:
noun (plural dassies)
A hyrax, especially the rock hyrax of southern Africa.
- Family Procaviidae, in particular Procavia capensis
- Some of these dassies, these hyraxes, went into the rocks, but this one actually climbs into the treetops.
- Back at the campsite, spotted hyenas and dassies can be seen at dusk and into the night.
- Mountain rhebuck, duiker, jackal, mongoose, porcupine and dassie now live in the Reserve.
Definition of dassie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia