- A set of information describing the contents, format, and structure of a database and the relationship between its elements, used to control access to and manipulation of the database.More example sentences
- It is extremely unlikely that a standards-based solution, whether it be a protocol or data dictionary or procedure or format, can be as efficient and effective for any particular application as a solution tailored to that application.
- Under the area of informatics, they suggested that all systems be interfaced and that a data dictionary be created so that all health care providers and facilities are using the same terms and know the meaning of those terms.
- This software runs on the Wang VS and is supplied with a PACE data dictionary, enabling extensive report and query features over and above those already supplied with the module.
More definitions of data dictionaryDefinition of data dictionary in:
- The British & World English dictionary