Definition of data processing in English:
A series of operations on data, especially by a computer, to retrieve, transform, or classify information.
- SETI researchers have used the Internet to access idle desktop computing power to perform complicated data processing.
- With the entire command stack operating above iSCSI, data processing is significantly accelerated.
- The signal and data processing is carried out on a high speed powerful IBM 4PiCC - 1 computer.
- Example sentences
- The first serious look at automatic summarization using statistics was undertaken in 1958 by H. P. Luhn, who used an IBM 704 data processor to analyze word occurrences in a scientific article.
- In the vehicles, troops use a computer monitor, sealed keyboard, and 6-to 10-gigabyte hard drives with a 512MHz or 333MHz data processor.
- The data processor could be readily expanded to up to four computers, 16 memories and 20 input/output modules with no obsolescence of hardware or software.
Pronunciation: /ˈˌdadə ˈpräsesər/ /ˈˌdadə ˈpräsəsər/ /ˈˌdādə ˈpräsesər/ /ˈˌdādə ˈpräsəsər/noun
Definition of data processing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.