(also day lily)
Definition of daylily in English:
A lily that bears large yellow, red, or orange flowers, each flower lasting only one day.
- Genus Hemerocallis, family Liliaceae
- I pushed open the little gate and walked into the dooryard with the neatly mown grass bordered by lilacs and peonies and day lilies…
- The day lilies in the ditch north of Five Corners are orange summer sentinels, fully at attention.
- Farther north along Highway E, day lilies are in bloom.
Definition of daylily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.