(also day lily)
Definition of daylily in English:
A lily that bears large yellow, red, or orange flowers, each flower lasting only one day.
- Genus Hemerocallis, family Liliaceae
- I pushed open the little gate and walked into the dooryard with the neatly mown grass bordered by lilacs and peonies and day lilies…
- The day lilies in the ditch north of Five Corners are orange summer sentinels, fully at attention.
- Farther north along Highway E, day lilies are in bloom.
Definition of daylily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan