1Time in which someone or something is inactive or unable to act productively.
- Surely we should move the US presidential process forward and start it in June or something, so we don't have all this dead time for half a year.
- There are no embarrassing moments and no dead time.
- I have 80 newsfeeds on my phone because I can read those 80 during dead time on public transport while they are still fresh.
1.1 Physics The period after the recording of a particle or pulse when a detector is unable to record another.
- The bias in the estimated triplet parameters as presented in Table 2 disappears when introducing corrections for the dead time of the detector.
- The method provides sufficient signal-to-noise ratio to measure fast fluorescence decays with ~ 400 s dead time, while consuming only picomoles of material.
- The circuit compensates for dead time over a wide range of count rates by producing a dead-time pulse for each detected event, a live-time pulse that spans the interval between dead-time pulses, and circuits that average the value of these pulses over time.
Definition of dead time in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.