(also dead white male)
- A writer, philosopher, or other significant figure whose importance and talents may have been exaggerated by virtue of his belonging to a historically dominant gender and ethnic group.More example sentences
- Well, for starters, replacing a black woman with a white man fits with this administration's doctrine: better to get a white male to preside over a dead white males' view of history.
- Unimpressed by all sides of the canon wars, in an essay called ‘Canon to the Right of Me…’ the author went so far as to defend even the dead white males of the conservatives - meaning Homer, Shakespeare, etc.
- Who wants to study dead white males who do nothing but shore up the status quo, who teach us we're living in the greatest country in the world-no, the greatest country in the history of the world?
More definitions of dead white European maleDefinition of dead white European male in:
- The British & World English dictionary