Definition of deallocate in English:
Computing Return (allocated memory) to the store of available RAM.
- In this model logical resources will be dynamically allocated and deallocated to applications and users based on policies that operate on both a scheduled basis and according to fluctuating demand.
- Any global variables you create when working with an Office application must also be deallocated when the application unloads.
- This means that this deallocated space is available for use when new data is written to the disk.
- Example sentences
- These capabilities allow better tracking of memory allocation and deallocation calls.
- The operating system needs to provide support for fair allocation, deallocation, and sharing of memory among resource containers.
- In C and C++, a fair amount of design and programming work must be spent on memory allocation and deallocation schemes.