Definition of death adder in English:
A venomous Australian snake that has a thin wormlike tail, which it uses to lure birds and other prey.
- Genus Acanthophis, family Elapidae: three species, in particular A. antarcticus
- The program profiles two staff members of the Australian Reptile Park as they search for one of Australia's deadliest snakes - the death adder.
- At one point I stumble and come within inches of stepping on a death adder - ‘one of the deadliest snakes in Papua,’ Woolford tells me later.
- Cobras can cause local swelling, blistering, and necrosis; other Elapidae such as kraits, coral snakes, and Australian death adders produce negligible local envenoming.
Definition of death adder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan