Definition of death cap in English:
A deadly poisonous toadstool with a pale olive-green cap and white gills, growing in broadleaved woodland in both Eurasia and North America.
- Amanita phalloides, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- It is a genus of fungi which has to be treated with special attention, since it includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel.
- Uncultivated wild mushrooms have ben associated with increased incidents of serious mushroom poisoning, especially death cap mushroom or Amanita phalloides (Greek for a fungus-like destroying angel).
- We hope they do not manage to eat death cap mushrooms and completely ruin their livers so that they need liver transplants.
Definition of death cap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.