Definition of deathbed in English:
1The bed where someone is dying or has died.
- He is largely oblivious to the fact that he has caused her decline, and even excuses himself from her deathbed to have a final meeting with his mistress at the quayside.
- Usually rendered as Good Samaritans, doctors in paintings typically hover near sickbeds or deathbeds, dispensing solace and advice.
- There are moments of pure heartbreak in the film, no less so than when Bob is lying on his deathbed awaiting his final breaths.
1.1Used in reference to the time when someone is dying: she visited him on his deathbed [as modifier]: a deathbed confession
More example sentences
- ‘Maybe if I don't make a deathbed confession I'll never die’ he may have thought.
- Years later, a deathbed confession confirmed what many suspected.
- They say they were led to the location after a woman's deathbed confession.
Definition of deathbed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan