- 1The bed where someone is dying or has died.More example sentences
- He is largely oblivious to the fact that he has caused her decline, and even excuses himself from her deathbed to have a final meeting with his mistress at the quayside.
- Usually rendered as Good Samaritans, doctors in paintings typically hover near sickbeds or deathbeds, dispensing solace and advice.
- There are moments of pure heartbreak in the film, no less so than when Bob is lying on his deathbed awaiting his final breaths.
- 1.1Used in reference to the time when someone is dying: she visited him on his deathbed [as modifier]: a deathbed confessionMore example sentences
- ‘Maybe if I don't make a deathbed confession I'll never die’ he may have thought.
- Years later, a deathbed confession confirmed what many suspected.
- They say they were led to the location after a woman's deathbed confession.
More definitions of deathbedDefinition of deathbed in:
- The British & World English dictionary