- Cease to attribute (a work of art) to a particular artist.More example sentences
- It had been listed in Rembrandt catalogs in the 19th century and in 1915 but was later deattributed by scholars.
- A few dozen prints have been deattributed, while a smaller number of works have now been added to his oeuvre.
- To achieve this they have deattributed works that do not fit with their conceptions but in the mirror section I demonstrate that their conceptions are mistaken.
- More example sentences
- However, can scholarship also spoil our sense of beauty in the deattribution of a work of art?
- I just added my comments about LACMA and the controversial deattribution of van Dyck's Andromeda.
- In his essay, Duparc maintains the deattribution of several paintings and entertains the attribution of others suggested by the Rembrandt Research Project.
More definitions of deattributeDefinition of deattribute in:
- The British & World English dictionary