- A colorless liquid hydrocarbon of the alkane series, present in petroleum products such as kerosene.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C10H22; many isomers, especially the straight-chain isomer ( n-decane), which is used as a solvent and in jet fuel research
- The solvent was removed by evaporation with a N 2 stream and the dried lipid film was resuspended in decane to form a final total lipid concentration of 25 mg/ml.
- These compounds are sufficiently soluble in decane to form stable bilayers if they are combined with DOPE.
- Bilayers were composed of 80% phosphatidylethanolamine and 20% phosphatidylcholine dissolved in decane at a final concentration of 50 mg/ml.
More definitions of decaneDefinition of decane in:
- The British & World English dictionary