- An enzyme that catalyzes the decarboxylation of a particular organic molecule.More example sentences
- A major source of ammonium, especially in C 3 plants, arises in the mitochondria from the decarboxylation of glycine to serine by the glycine decarboxylase as part of the photorespiratory cycle.
- Two inherited disorders affecting pyrimidine biosynthesis are the result of deficiencies in the bifunctional enzyme catalyzing the last two steps of UMP synthesis, orotate phosphoribosyl transferase and OMP decarboxylase.
- Green tea catechins have been shown to inhibit the actions of 5-alpha-reductase and ornithine decarboxylase, two enzymes considered important in the development of prostate cancer.
More definitions of decarboxylaseDefinition of decarboxylase in:
- The British & World English dictionary