- A person who has died: to make sure the decedent’s property passes to his childrenMore example sentences
- Avoiding probate in estate planning allows the decedent's property to be distributed to the designated person at a designated time without substantial costs.
- Both wives were thus allowed to share equally in the decedent's property.
- Of particular interest will be the age at the time of death, the month of death, and the place of birth of each named decedent.
late 16th century: from Latin decedent- 'dying', from the verb decedere (see decease).
More definitions of decedentDefinition of decedent in:
- The British & World English dictionary