Convert (a system of coinage or weights and measures) to a decimal system.
- These magazines listed the rank of games solely from subscriber feedback, where ratings were compiled within a ten point decimalized system.
- For example, Russia was the first country to decimalize its currency and the third country (after China and France under John Law) ‘to make sustained use of inconvertible paper money.’
- Secondly, in 1971 the whole coinage was decimalized in preparation for Britain's entry into the EEC.
- Example sentences
- They have been adept at adjusting to changes that had been widely expected to cut into their livelihood - ranging from the end to fixed commissions in 1975 to decimalization.
- As a country with some recent experience of currency change, the UK should remember the inflationary aspects of decimalisation in 1971.
- It is the UK's biggest consumer project since decimalisation.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of decimalize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.