Definition of deco in English:
1 Short for art deco.
- Also here is the town's only gay nightclub, the Boom Boom Room, which fronts the Coast Inn, an unpretentious deco structure with low rates and killer water views.
- I've finally found a dream apartment in an old deco building, with a terrific view in a great neighborhood.
- The smart deco bar is a beautiful throwback, a jewel box where servers in smart white waistcoats present bowls of olives, nuts and snacks.
2 (in scuba diving) short for decompression.
- We have tables and computers to work out our deco, we have regulators that can perform to ridiculous depths, and we have twinsets and rebreathers to give us shedloads of gas.
- This steam collier grounded off north Cornwall in 1916 and makes for an interesting dive if you don't mind a little deco, says John Liddiard.
- I was the last person to exit the water since I had the longest deco.
Definition of deco in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan