Definition of deco in English:
1 Short for art deco.
- Also here is the town's only gay nightclub, the Boom Boom Room, which fronts the Coast Inn, an unpretentious deco structure with low rates and killer water views.
- I've finally found a dream apartment in an old deco building, with a terrific view in a great neighborhood.
- The smart deco bar is a beautiful throwback, a jewel box where servers in smart white waistcoats present bowls of olives, nuts and snacks.
2 (in scuba diving) short for decompression.
- We have tables and computers to work out our deco, we have regulators that can perform to ridiculous depths, and we have twinsets and rebreathers to give us shedloads of gas.
- This steam collier grounded off north Cornwall in 1916 and makes for an interesting dive if you don't mind a little deco, says John Liddiard.
- I was the last person to exit the water since I had the longest deco.
Definition of deco in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.